Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Beautiful Books #1 - In which I flail uncontrollably about my book

   One of my favorite linkups of all times is Beautiful People, run by Cait @ Paper Fury and Sky @ Further Up and Further In. In November, they switch it up a little and change it to Beautiful Books, so we get to flail about our books instead of our characters. I'm very excited about this, because I don't think I've told you guys very much about my book(that's not a good excuse though I could talk about my book for forever and not be bored).




1. How did you come up with the idea for your novel, and how long have you had the idea?

   I got the idea in February(I think) of 2014, while I was doing math. I was listening to samples of Audiomachine songs on iTunes(because I was an uneducated child and knew nothing of the joys of Spotify and Pandora), when, due to my overactive imagination and strong inclination to getting distracted, I started imagining a scene to go along with the song. That scene became the prologue, and the song title, Nameless Heroes, inspired the whole premise of the story.

2. Why are you excited to write this novel?

    So, sooooo many reasons. This is the first story I've written where I've gotten past the first chapter. I've put so much of my heart and soul into it already, and it means so much to me, and to other people already as well(*glances at Emily*). I love the characters so much, and they mean so much to me, and I'm so excited to see them grow(and to have them kiss). This is the first story where I really feel capable of writing the whole thing.

3. What is your novel about, and what is the title?

   The title is Children of the Nameless, and I actually wrote a little back cover thing a while back.

   Mum tilted her head back, closed her eyes, and sighed.
   "You've heard the stories of the Nameless? The mysterious heroes who worked so hard to stop the war, and then disappeared?"
   "Of course." What was she saying?
   Years of loneliness filled her eyes when she looked at him.
   "Your father was one of the Nameless."


   Every child knows the stories of the Nameless, a legendary group of young men and women who rescued those in need, only to disappear without a trace, never giving their name. Kaleth has heard the stories all his life, one of the only rays of hope as war threatens to destroy his country and the whole world.
   But he never expected to learn that one of them was his father. Or that the other five Nameless had children as well.
   And so, with their world teetering on the brink of destruction, the six children of the Nameless team up to try to continue the legend their parents left for them. But when tempers flare, hearts are broken, and destruction threatens everything, is there any hope?



   This first book(it's a trilogy) is about friendships and being brave and doing the right thing no matter the cost and I have so many feelings over it.

4. Sum up your characters in one word each. (Feel free to add pictures!)

   Oooooh boy. I could talk about my characters for hours but I will condense them to one word if I must. And I included links because some of the words are weird.


Kaleth: Leader


Danica: Oracular





Allorie: selfless


Katria: Liberosis


Egin: Aesthete



5. Which character(s) do you think will be your favorite to write? Tell us about them!

   Really, I'm excited to right about all of my babies, but so far, I think I like Egin the best. I get to play around with formatting the words, which I  l o v e. Also, he is a precious child and I love anything that has to do with him, so.

6. What is your protagonist’s goal, and what stands in the way?

   Their main goal is to end the war, although all six of them have more personal, emotional goals as well. Their main obstacle is the Feor, the people who started the war, and the fact that no one really wants to listen to a bunch of teenagers, no matter who their parents were.

7. Where is your novel set? (Show us pictures if you have them!)

   There's a lot of traveling. And a lot of forests. And a city inspired by 1800s steampunk London with some Asian influences. There's also a country based on Japan/China who owns provinces like England used to. And an Irish Viking city. And torture chambers. And lots and lots of forests.

8. What is the most important relationship your character has?

   Barrow's most important relationship is with Danica. Egin's is with his cousin/adopted little sister Lisbet. Kaleth and Allorie's is with each other. And Katria's is with her best friend(*cough*totally just friends*cough*), Conryn.

9. How does your protagonist change by the end of the novel?

   For Barrow, things are getting better and he's happier. Egin is becoming a lot braver. Allorie is finally learning to stand up for herself and isn't letting herself get pushed around. Danica is becoming more confident and is learning to trust herself more. Katria really cares about the cause, and her new friends(although she never stops missing *cough*a certain someone*cough*). And Kaleth...is getting more prideful.

10. What themes are in your book? How do you want your readers to feel when the story is over?

  Heh. What do you mean, themes? I can barely write; I can't think of themes. That's for later drafts. But as for how my readers feel... *evil laugh* I want them to be panicked/angry, since I'm kinda going to leave them on a terrible cliffhanger. And I really want them to care about the characters. That's pretty much the most important thing to me.

11. BONUS! Tell us your 3 best pieces of advice for others trying to write a book in a month.

1. Don't listen to me I don't know what I'm doing
2. Find a way to motivate yourself
3. Write. A lot.


So, what do you think of my baby? I'm super excited to keep writing it. Did you do Beautiful Books too? Drop the link below and we can flail about our books together.

14 comments:

  1. Oh gosh a terrible cliffhanger?! No. Pleaseeeeee nooooo. Also, darn Kaleth stop it with the pride thing. AND BARROW'S WORD STILL HURTS. But all of the words are well-chosen. And the way you summed up what it's about? That's so what it means to me ahhhhh I just asdljkf;ajkslf;ajk. So. Yes. Write more. And GACK. My babies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure there were more things I was going to say as I read the thing, but I forgot them all, so.

      Delete
    2. YES CHILD I SHALL WRITE MORE AND MAYBE POSSIBLY BREAK YOUR BABIES AND YOU'LL LOVE IT

      Delete
  2. Okay, like dude. I saw all those pesky little hints *glares at cliffhanger and torture chambers and the fact that Kaleth's arc is close to being negative and I love that boy (platonically and in a character way {do not worry Emily} ) and whyyyy*

    But really, that was beautiful. I love the way you did the words to summarize them (though some of them hurt, thank you)

    Yes, that was great and this story rocks by the way and you should write it, because only you can do that and I cannot wait to continue this beautiful adventure of CotN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ACK ACK ACK I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE YOU LIKE IT THIS MUCH ACK

      Delete
  3. Wow... I, just... WOW. This totally sounds like something I would read. Best of luck with it! :)
    (oh, and the words and pictures are just perfect)

    I'm not doing NaNo... are you? Anyway, I did do Beautiful Books! https://arwiesner.wordpress.com/2015/10/11/beautiful-books-october/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you! (And if you really want to read it, I'll be looking for betas some time at the beginning of next year. If you don't want to that's fine, just thought I'd throw that out there)

      And yep, I'm doing NaNo, but I'm a rebel and writing 25k on a story I've already started(this one).

      Delete
    2. I'd love to beta this project! Just so you know, sometimes it takes me a little while... but I'd still love to try!

      Delete
  4. This sounds really intriguing! Best wishes with the project. ^ ^ I like the names of the characters and the awesome words you used to describe. The title is cool too. ^ ^

    I did BB as well: http://storitorigrace.blogspot.com/2015/10/beautiful-books-introduce-your-novel.html

    Happy NaNo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! (I may or may not have spent wayyyy too much time looking for those words XD)

      Okay 1) I love the new blog design and 2) did I ever tell you how much I want to read your books because I really want to read your books.

      Also what's your NaNo name? We should totally be buddies on there!

      Delete
    2. Haha.

      Aw thank you. ^ ^

      Oh yes! Lady Elasa of Calsidore.

      Delete
  5. WHOOHOO!! I love this post, Krissy <3 <3 <3

    "...is about friendships and being brave and doing the right thing no matter the cost..." don't make me cry *already* UGH I have emotions. That was why I loved BBC's Merlin so much - FRIENDSHIP AND DOING THE RIGHT THING EVEN WHEN IT SUCKS UUUUGH I HAVE EMOTIONS NOW.

    *ahem*

    anyway. I adore this post and your blog. I can't believe I haven't been on here yet?! *le gasp*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UGH SIERRA I CAN'T WAIT FOR YOU TO READ THIS OKAY

      And thank youuuu I'm very proud of it and how did you survive so long without my fabulous(if infrequent) posts?

      Delete
  6. WHY WOULD YOU END THE BOOK ON A CLIFFHANGER?????!!! Such a mean author thing to do.

    Also, your story sounds great, and I absolutely love the words you picked for all of them (but especially Barrow and Egin and Allorie. I think they would be my favorites though I would probably do a lot of screaming at Allorie to stand up for herself as I read ). Hope you'll post more about them as you progress with their story. :)


    Alexa
    thessalexa.blogspot.com
    verbositybookreviews.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete